cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

End of contract

My iPad/sim contract expires today 25 April 2020. As I have no use for the sim  component of the plan how do I go about cancelling the SIM.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: End of contract

You don't need to cancel the SIM. You do need to cancel the contract (which hasn't expired but just moved to a month to month version). Either contact Optus directly (hard to do but try the Optus app or facebook etc.). Otherwise write a letter to officially end your contract.

Customer Relations Group, PO Box 306 Salisbury South 5106.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Peter,

Do you work with Optus? Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm unsure how to create a new post.

When I login to my Optus account, it takes me to my wife's plan details instead of mine.

I have logged a ticket with Optus, but they say it will take 1-2 business days to be actioned.

I am concerned that there might have been suspicious activity on my account.

Is there anyway you can help with this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi @Adzzz,

I'm just a fellow customer like you. To make a new post hit the 'Ask a Question' button at the top. On your issue you will need to contact Optus directly unfortunately. 1-2 days may be usual response but ATM its often a lot longer than that (if at all). Optus online accounts can often get mixed up a bit but if yours are registered at the same address then its just that your service has yet to be added to the overall account possibly. Something they need to sort out directly to.

Best option is to try the mobile app and leave a message or phone (Don't press 1) and wait up to 4 hours. Good Luck.
0 Kudos