Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor CptCodes
Occasional Contributor

End of contract postpaid

Hi!

I am coming to the end of a post-paid contract (26th March) and am looking to change to the $40 12GB data sim-only deal which offer also ends on the 26th of March.

Just wanted to make sure that if I purchased that deal online before the 26th and activated it on the day that my post-paid plan expires (using my existing mobile number), that I would still get the 12GB and $40 deal.

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: End of contract postpaid

You may find as you're so close to your contract ending it could be released early (excluding any MRO payments) and you could do it now.. I would however try via a Optus store as online stuff can be so regimental.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Moderator Marie

Hey CptCodes 🙂 

caaf is correct, you can likely recontract to this plan now.

You're welcome to PM through your mobile number, date of birth and full name & I can check this out for you.

Cheers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor CptCodes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks caaf! 

Marie I will send you a pm, thankyou! 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Thanks CptCodes 🙂 

I've responded to your PM.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Joyjit_Sunny333
New Contributor

Hi, I am an international student. I am currently using optus $40 sim only plan with student discount. My post paid sim only plan is going to end on 20 December,2018 and I will be out of Australia from 21 December, 2018 to 8 February, 2019. What is the procedure for renewal of the contract on 8 February, 2019 if my post paid plan expires on 20 December, 2018.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey @Joyjit_Sunny333 - You have a few options if you're wanting to keep the number active.

You can pay $5.50 per month for us to suspend the service, this will keep your number active for a period of time until you come back.

You can also switch to Prepaid for that time, and recharge a small amount to keep it active.

If you're not too worried about keeping the number, you can cancel the service & apply for a new SIM with a new number in Feb when you return. 

New Contributor Joyjit_Sunny333
New Contributor

* if I choose the option to pay $5.50 per month, will I be able to renew the contract of $40 post paid plan with the student discount offer from 8 February, 2019? 

* If I switch to a prepaid plan, will my number get inactive if I am out of Australia for about 1 month 20 days?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

As long as you recharge regularly, it won't deactivate. Generally speaking with Prepaid it takes about 6 months of no use/no recharge prior to the number deactivation. Doesn't matter if you're overseas, same rules apply.

If you chose the $5.50 suspension, You're plan will just go back to paying the amount you were prior to the suspension, as you'll be out of contract, you'll have the option to switch to a different in market plan if you'd like. 

Top Contributors