Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor TimB69
Occasional Contributor

Enabling service features though Optus account

Hi, yesterday we ported 5 x PostPaid services from Virgin to Optus.

I'm aware it can take 15min to 4 hours for account activation, our numbers and internet appear to be working ok. I logged in via the Yes app and also my online account trying to activate the free music streaming, netflix streaming and Optus Sport pack for each of the 5 services. Some activated straight away and I reveived numerous text and emails confirming them, however it seems to have gotten to a point where they are "stuck". Most of the activations now show they have pending changes and I cannot access them. I cannot even edit the nick name for each service, just says pending, even though I have nly changed one of them and not touched the others. It's been that way for 15 hours or so now with no further email/sms updates. I assumed these would happen automatically? Do I need to just wait, or does this need human intervention to complete the service activations (music, netflix, call forwarding etc)

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Enabling service features though Optus account

26 hours and still waiting...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

40 hours and still nothing - ended up on chat support for 90minutes and all they could tell me after that was that the orders are “stuck”. So they raised a case, and now more waiting... I’m not filled with confidence tbh.

waiting to setup number share on an apple watch, not touching that until everything else is sorted, and kinda dreading even trying now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Still. Waiting.

3-5 business days now for support to look at it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor admin81
New Contributor

Did you manage to get this sorted? How long did it take?

We have the same issue but are at 10-14 days with multiple contacts to optus via phone and chat with no resolution. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi admin81,

This thread is quite dated so not sure that the OP will see your post and respond to your question.

You have run into trouble porting a number(s) across from Virgin Mobile to Optus? What has Optus advised when you contacted them?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi, it was too long ago now to remember how long exactly, but it was a number of weeks and a lot of support calls before we finally got all 5 services working correctly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor admin81
New Contributor

Hi @Ray_YC , 

We are not porting a number - we did that about 18 months ago. We recently changed to NBN from adsl and have tried to have call waiting turned off. It seemed to work at first, but has stopped working and the account just says 'pending'. We've had multiple contacts with Optus, but they simply say that they need to wait for the pending changes to be processed before they can do anything. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor admin81
New Contributor

Hi @TimB69 ,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll keep trying then. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors