Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SpatialUnaware
New Contributor
New Contributor

Enable endless data issues

I have been trying to enable endless data through the Optus app. Everytime I try it comes back with and error please try again later. I have spoken to 2 support Tech's who have ensured me that it has been enabled. However after waiting the required 4hours for enablement it does not reflect in the app. Checking everyday now and still it has not been enabled nor have a received any notification that it has been enabled.
Is there anyone able to help or has experienced the same?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Enable endless data issues

Hey @SpatialUnaware, not all services are eligible for Unlimited Data however we would be more than happy to check and advise further for you. If you could please send through your service details as well as reference number over onto our Messenger Teams available on the Optus App - our teams would be more than happy to assist

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
SpatialUnaware
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Tuong.
I have done all the support through the app help/chat function. Haven't received a support or reference number. My chat history is there if that would help. If my account wasn't eligible would it not have shown up to the support tech in the chat?
0 Kudos
Nard_YC

@SpatialUnaware The team you spoke to would have been able to check if you're on an eligible plan for Endless Data. What was the outcome of the chat? Was a fault or case ticket raised for you? 

If you're struggling to get assistance through Messaging in the My Optus App, can you please send a PM over to our official Facebook page or Twitter page and the team will be able to investigate this further for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

SpatialUnaware
New Contributor
New Contributor

The outcome of both support queries was that it was enabled for all my services under the account. I then had to wait 4 hours for it to reflect. One support tech said I should receive an email notification that has arrived yet.
I will try the support app again then head to the other options.
0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Thanks for letting me know @SpatialUnaware, it does generally take some time for Endless Data to kick in once enabled for your service(s). 

However if it has been longer than 4 hours, I recommend getting back in touch with our Support Teams or Social Media Team to see what's holding it up. They'll be able to take a closer look at this for you.

Jabiru
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi I can't enable Endless Data either. Same thing as you - was told twice by online chat people they had enabled it, but it wasn't enabled.
I have since been advised by My Optus Community it is because I am an ex-virgin customer (they having trouble sorting out endless data with us but are working on it). Hope this helps.
SpatialUnaware
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Jabiru. I kept trying the chat an eventually a support tech noted that there was an issue. He then logged a support call, which I haven't yet followed up with.
0 Kudos