cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Email account with mobile service

Until recently I had a broadband account with Optus on cable. I had to cancel that due to Optus shutting down their cable network.

Anyway, with that broadband account I had an email address. I read somewhere that the email will continue for three months after the broadband account closed. Is that the case? Also, I have two mobiles with Optus. My other question then, is having the mobile accounts enough to keep the email address active?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Email account with mobile service

Some time back many questions were asked about retaining an Optus email address when a fixed or wireless broadband service it was originally created with was closed. It was my understanding at the time that you needed to maintain a minimum service to keep your email account alive and this service had to be post-paid data service. Whilst that may have been the correct answer at the time I do recall an Optus staff member saying that you can now transfer your email address to a mobile phone service and I believe that was a post-paid service. I will try and find that information and will post it to this thread.

Edit: Have a look at the link below as the second part of your question has been rasied in this post as well.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Desperately-need-to-retain-Email-Address/m-p/32...

0 Kudos
Top Contributors