Searching...

Mobile

Early Upgrade For Longstanding Optus Customers?

banistersmind

I was in my local Optus Shop last weekend, helping my wife choose a new handset and transfer over to Optus from another provider. 

The question came up (from the store assistant) as to whether I'd be entitled to an early upgrade for $99. Upon cheking my account, she advised me that I wouldn't qualify because my laat recontact occurred in March last year, before the date of this new early upgrade option's establishment.

I pointed out to her that I've been an Optus customer continuously since 2005 but she said she didn't know if Optus would take that into account. 

So I guess I'm asking the question here - does my length of time as a customer with Optus count for anything?

Highlighted

Re: Early Upgrade For Longstanding Optus Customers?

caaf

In short, nope. It's just a business and not a long standing friend where one would expect loyalty. I'd hazard a good guess and state all telcos are similar (I know Telstra is for a fact).

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

banistersmind

I thought as much. Ho-hum - oh well. I guess I'll remain one of their cash batteries for another year and consider my options.

amatrix.jpg

caaf

Gold! Bit of a Matrix fan myself.. 

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
143 Kudos
129 Kudos
120 Kudos
79 Kudos
72 Kudos