Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Optus
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

EOL Update

Your phone lease is ending soon. Optus is no longer offering new leasing plans, but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.

Your options:

1. You can return the phone in good working order to an Optus store. If the phone isn’t in good working order, you’ll be required to pay a damage fee up to $499.

Or

2. You can keep the phone and purchase it at the current fair market value (which Optus will advise at the time).

How long do I have to decide?

If you still need time to decide, that’s okay.

You have 2 additional months after the minimum term of your contract to return or purchase your phone. During this period, you’ll continue paying your monthly phone and plan fees.

You can find the exact end date of your contract on the SMS we sent you. If you’re unsure, you can call us on 1800 702 060 or message us in the app.

How can I return the phone?

If you cancel or recontract your leased service, or two months after the minimum term of your contract ends, we'll send you an SMS and email with instructions on how you can return the leased phone.

When does my phone insurance end?

Your phone insurance will expire once you’ve reached the end of the minimum term that you’re contracted for. If you’re not sure when your contract ends, you can view your contract details via the My Optus app or My Account.

What If I would like to purchase the phone?

If you would like to purchase the phone, head in-store and speak to one of our team members in person.

Alternatively, you can hold onto the phone and we will send you a final reminder about how you can return this device. If you’d like to purchase the device, you can keep it and be charged the current fair market value (which Optus will advise at the time).

Deciding what to do next

When you’re ready to purchase or return your phone, you can head in-store and speak to one of our team members in person.

Alternatively, if you have any questions, call us on 1800 702 060 or message us in the app.