cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Glen8
New Contributor

E5776 Mini WiFi Modem

This is a dongle I use to get WiFi when away from home.  It's on a prepaid basis.  On 23rd March 2016 I put $50 on it, and that was supposed to be good for up to a year.  I had no occasion to use it until 30th September when I plugged it in to use and it said I had to recharge as there was no credit balance on it.  I needed the WiFi so I paid another $50, but I need to know two things:  (1) what happened to the $50 balance from March?  (2)  How/where do I go to check the balance on the prepaid.  This device is not listed on My Account, I don't know why (as I have an Optus mobile postpaid plan).

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: E5776 Mini WiFi Modem

Hmm are you sure it was the long expiry you added credit to as I have been caught out by this before? Not sure if prepaid can be added to a postpaid service under the My Account portal.

You can normally check your balance via the built in sms in the modem admin section. You simply send a text to 9999 with the subject balance. If you type http://192.168.0.1 into your browser the username and password both should be admin. The sms menu should be on the top tab.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Glen8
New Contributor

Thank you Yeldarb for your response.  Before you answered, I managed to find the receipt for my original credit of $50, and down the bottom of it were instructions to actually use the voucher to recharge.  Duh, never thought to look there - I incorrectly assumed that the guy who processed my payment in an Optus kiosk would have applied it to the recharge.  So I've now recharged using that voucher from March (it was good for a year).  Still haven't figured out how to check the balance remaining though.  The device is a mini wifi modem, not a phone or iPad, and when I type in the 192.168.etc. in my browser on either of those devices it instead opens my Netgear home router/modem.  I would have thought there would be a way to log in to Optus using the phone number assigned to the mini wifi modem or some other unique identifier, but cannot find such.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You are connected to your home modem and need to be connect to your portable modem to access the admin. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
New Contributor Glen8
New Contributor

Success!  You are terrific, thanks Yeldarb.  Really appreciate it.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Cheers! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

@Yeldarb Cheers for your help! 

@Glen8 , let us know if you need a hand with anything further 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Can you get good signal from the Huawei E5776 Modem? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Astamou
New Contributor

Hi 

You must have an account with Optus.  I just logged in and found my mobile wifi info with usage etc at the side of the screen. I didnt expect to find it all so easy. i presume it comes up with all your devices with their information. try it.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors