Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ashwill
New Contributor
New Contributor

E Sim regular data drop out

I Have a samsung 20+ with a physical Optus sim for work and a Optus e Sim for my personal number. The work data signal is always strong - however the E Sim data consistently drops out . When it drops out I check data connection on the physical sim and it's fine. Drives me crazy - any help out there???

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: E Sim regular data drop out

Thanks for raising this with us, @Ashwill.

It's an odd one, as there shouldn't be a big difference like that.

We would suggest firstly removing the physical SIM and performing multiple speed tests connected with the eSIM using the Ookla Speed test or via your My Optus App. 

Once you've done this, we suggest trying the other way around and testing the physical one a few times. 

This will just help us get an idea of what's happening across both.

You are also welcome to chat with us by messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Sehwag14
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: E Sim regular data drop out

I had a similar issue on my iPhone 12 Pro where the data connection would drop out whenever the signal changed to a new tower or the signal was weak. I would need to turn on aeroplane mode and then turn it off for it to work again.

I tried network resets etc, in the end I replaced the e-sim with a physical sim and now I do not have the problem. I read it is a problem in the U.S. with e-sim also

0 Kudos