Searching...

Mobile

Dunn and Bradstreet scam

Abb041

hi has anyone been contacted txt or phone by the following number 08 70701471 or +61416907428 or 1300663402 they report to be D&B but D&B don't know these numbers, does anyone know who they are

Re: Dunn and Bradstreet scam

SamSam

I googled that mobile number for you and a few people have reported a similar experience as you. Claim to be from dunn and bradstreet chasing a bill from a telco (Telstra was mentioned in these examples, not Optus) but when calling the telco they advised no money was owing or had been sold.

I'd call Optus to confirm your outstanding balance but definitely sounds like these callers are up to no good

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Precis

They are back; I got a txt today from mobile no 0402101907 asking me to call 1300663834, quoting reference no 91535472.

Being a suspicious old grump, I googled D&B called them and they confirmed they have no record of needing to talk to me. I think it's a variation on the Premium Number scam, getting you to call and be put on hold. If nothing else, they didn't get my name correct!

Dan_C

Hmm, are they claiming that you have an outstanding debt with Optus or is it a generic SMS? 

Check out our support page for ways in which to report suspect messages/emails. 

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/internet-security-phishing-fake-emails-sms-hoax-website...

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
175 Kudos
154 Kudos
114 Kudos
82 Kudos
78 Kudos