Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Duel Sim Card for IPhone XS MAX

[ Edited ]
Gentech

I have two physical Optus SIM cards activated. I manually brought a duel sim tray for this new iPhone XS Max. I inserted both SIM cards into the phone and I showed that only the primary sim detected and the second Optus SIM card did not detect. I know that both SIM cards work one by one on the primary slot only for some reason. 

Could someone email email me when they know the solution to why my secondary Optus SIM card will not detect in the iPhone XS Max. 

Sincerly 

Kind Regards 

Gentech 

Re: Duel Sim Card for IPhone XS MAX

Yeldarb

I did read a post on that but I cant find it at the minute. I don't think the duel physical sim iPhone or the single physical sim / esim model is supported by Optus. One sim only as far as I am aware.

Dan_C

At this stage, I don't believe any of the AUS carriers support duel physical SIM on the iPhone XS range.

I haven't seen or heard any mention of it on my end. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Felixhsu

Only XS MAX sold in China, Hongkong, and Macau supports dual nano SIM cards. The model has minor hardware difference ( e.g. removed esim chip but added dual nano SIM cards reader). You can use this particular model in Australia as soon as you could buy one, however you would lose LTE band 28 support as the baseband has CDMA bands that are widely used in China. That means, you will find a very much poor 4G reception and lower 4G download speed at many suburbs. 

So far, a risky solution is that, some 3nd party workshop can do the hardware modification on the Australian model, they can add up a dual sim reader (exactly same as China model) on the main board with a cost of ~100 bucks. Then you are not allowed to do any update to the iOS as well as losing the water proof ability.

sadSmiley Sad 

all these inconveniences are due to Aus carriers policy.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
143 Kudos
129 Kudos
120 Kudos
79 Kudos
72 Kudos