The long weekend is nearly here – time to break out the speakers for a poolside party. Check out Yes... Read the full story
2017-09-06 11:17 AM
In a nutshell and in order of events:
- I'm a long term customer of Optus
- Requested a simple upgrade
- Got sent the wrong handset
- Returned the wrong handset and cancelled the upgrade
- Got charged over $1000 for the handset that I had already returned and was the wrong one in the first place - The money was direct debited from my personal savings account
- First phone call told the money would be returned into my account in the next 3 working days
- Got a new phone plan through a new provider - no dramas.
- A week later phoned again and told it would be in my account in the next 3-5 workings days
- Requested compensation and told it wasn't possible because I didn't have an account with them any more.
Ridiculous!!!!!! I'm out of pocket over $1100 for over 2 weeks with nothing to show for it except a lot of wasted time on the phone.
Don't waste your time - if your contract is up take the opportunity to CHANGE PROVIDERS.