Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Roosterman73
New Contributor

Dual Sim - 2G Network Closure

I have an Oppo R7g still under contract with Optus, and I chose the Oppo R7g as I was advised it was ‘4G Dual SIM’. This would allow me to carry one phone but still receive/make calls & texts from either my work or personal SIM.

As of yesterday (01/08/2017) my work SIM lost service, which was when Optus turned off their 2G network for SA, QLD, VIC, NSW, TAS & ACT.

When I go into phone’s Settings>Mobile networks> Preferred network type I get the follow warning when attempting to set either SIM1 or SIM2 to 4G;

‘When SIM card 1 is switched to 4G/3G/2G(automatic mode), Sim card 2 will be set to Only 2G mode.’

Please advise how I can make both 4G SIMs (work & personal) both active, as they were prior to 01/08/2017.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Dual Sim - 2G Network Closure

What happens when you manually switch 1 to 3G? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2528659

They economize on power. Very few phones have even dual 3G.

For now, you will have to put the second SIM into an el cheapo phone.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Roosterman73
New Contributor

If I can either SIM to 3G or 4G, it defaults the other SIM back to 2G. I can't get around it.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

I am afraid with most dual SIM phones this is what happens, have a look at this link:

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/dual_sim_4g3g_phones

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You can read info on Dual SIM handsets to learn more.

If you have any questions, please comment below.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors