Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Downloading photos

I  now own an Optus X Lite mobile & yes can take photos so how does one download them into my PC ?  The manual is next to useless.

Ron

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Downloading photos

Plug your phone into your computer and navagate to the phones SD Card using your computers file explorer and you should find the pictures under the DCIM / Camera folder or similar. Keep an eye on the phone as it may ask for permission when you plug the cable into the computer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

That method works for my normal camera but not for the mobile phone. Explorer does not show up the mobile - it just starts the charging process.

Ron

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Do you have an sdcard installed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

and where does that card fit in the mobile phone?  The phone is NOT a Smart phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

The Alcatel One Touch has a micro SD card holder just below the SIM. You slide it to the right and it pops up. Then you rest the card on the contacts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Some images I just took didn't end up there, though. Useless camera anyway. You might as well do finger painting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but not going to worry if I have to purchase another card ebem though photos are stored in the Image gallery.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

According to intructions on that device the phone can hold an sdcard up to 32GB and this would most likely show up when browsing through your computer. I had an older device like yours that would not show internal images stored on the phone unless I transfered the images to the sdcard.

You may be able to transfer images via the Bluetooth program however I suspect the software running that device is limited compared to most smart phones.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/prepaidmobile/optus/x-lite

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but I am not going to worry about photos then from the mobile phone

0 Kudos