Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor HelpSarah
New Contributor

Downgrading phone plan

Hi All - it is true that you cannot downgrade your phone plan cost to a lower plan - I have a lot of data on my phone plan - but recently got WiFi - so do not need to have such an expensive plan for data... thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Downgrading phone plan

Aborting an Optus plan is not as bad as a Telstra one. You might get some Options if you ask at a shop on a recontract. But if you say you want out, to go to prepaid or a competitor, then you may have to pay half of the data fee to the end of contract, plus the rest of your phone. You have to find the CIS of your current plan.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/cis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I'd disagree with @10000000000GB.

Optus are generally quite emphatic that you can switch to a equal or higher cost plan but never a lower one.

That said, can't hurt to ask at the store - reckon you'd have better chance there than online. 

That said,  can't hurt to ask online - try a few goes as you can get different answers cometimes.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I was on a 140GB MBB contract, five months in, and Optus Store mysteriously let me off it, to go with 200GB month to month.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

That sounds like a bigger deal? It is strange the store managed to do anything given your existing deal would usually require Optus HeadOffice authority.

Still well short of 10000000000GB though

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Both plans were $70 but the 200GB had Netflix and was month to month, so it was not a deal at all. I could just leave after 10 minutes.

>>Still well short of 10000000000GB though

Indeed, though this time I went on $60/200GB and they offered me another 200GB for $50. I suspect the next plans will be 300GB around January.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors