cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Slamashizz
New Contributor

Double data

Hi guys,

I signed up to the $65 plan with a new S8 and double data on June 17th. I've seen the data should be added by the second bill, which I've now paid for, and it still isn't showing up in my info. I've chatted to someone twice now on the online chat and they've been passing me around, so just wanted to check when this will be added? Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Double data

What is 'my info'?

Do you mean the My Account data summary? Have you also installed the optus App and see what that says?

It seems the extra data is added onmanually. This can sometimes happen without some systems being updated. One way to check is if you get a 50% sms warning at 50% of the single or double data point?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Peter,

It doesn't show up in the app (which I've been using since I started my plan) or my account data summary. 

Everything is working as if I only have 3.5 gig instead of the added 3.5. I get sms's at half of 3.5 and today it said I've gone over my 3.5 and will be charged for the extra gig.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Can only suggest keep bugging Optus direct (not here). 

Are you sure its x2 your data? Optus have a facility that you can double your data for free twice a year (but you have to request it after you hit 85%)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Peter,

Yes, it was a deal going with a 24 month plan when you get the S8 phone. I previously had a 12 month sim only with 10 gig, so only way I was moving was with double data haha yeah ok thanks...Apparently they're to call me within 10 days, let's see...

0 Kudos