Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Rustycat
New Contributor

Double data promotion

Can anybody tell me if they have successfully got their double data from the promotion in April?  We re-contracted three mobiles in April with double data and to date we still haven't got it.  I have done online chat TWICE - once they promised to fix it and then I find out on the second online chat that there was no record of any action being taken.  I have since done online chat a second time and been given reference numbers but again NOTHING has happened.  We are going over our data and being charged around $60 a month for the extra data.  I then have to contact Optus to get the extra data waived.  I've done this for three months and am completely frustrated by this.  The online chat people tell me only the marketing department can fix it?  I have asked in-store as well but they couldn't help.  The person I spoke to suggested I use the app to monitor my usage, but the double data doesn't show up in the app and the salesperson admitted that the double data would NEVER show up in the app so that's a bit useless.  I can't keep contacting Optus each month to get a credit and to chase up what's happening.  Surely someone can do something???  Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Double data promotion

Hey @Rustycat, sorry to hear you've had such a run around getting this resolved. Please feel free to send me a private message with the below information so I can check this for you.

Full Name:
DOB:
Phone Number:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Rustycat
New Contributor

Thanks @Toomey - I have sent you a private message

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jvoyk1
New Contributor

@Toomey I’m having the same issue, I’ve already posted in YES crowd, are you able to look into my issue as well?

We almost had the plroblem resolved but the next month I went back down to 5gb of data (double data to 10gb on $65 my plan plus). 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Send your details through @Jvoyk1, happy to take a look 🙂 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Cherry38
New Contributor

Hi

I'm in the same boat as well, I ordered a new phone online and was meant to get double data but that has not happened.

Steve

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Cherry38, the same offer is open to you 🙂 Send us a PM and we'll have a look-see. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Rustycat
New Contributor

@Toomey - So continuing the saga of double data - Finally got the double data last month but will need to ask for credit for all the extra data I ended up paying for.  Now I'm looking at our account and the double data has gone again.  I know it wasn't a one month only offer so am confused why it has disappeared again.  Are you or anyone else able to help.  I really don't want to be contacting Optus every month asking for a credit.  And I would like the account and app to correctly reflect the amount of data we have.  Any assistance would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Heya - just replied to your PM with extra info. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Dazz91
New Contributor

I Signed up for a new plan with Double data back in April 2018 (100gb plus 100gb Bonus) i did this instore when i signed the contract the represtative hand wrote the bounis data on the contract and said its a promo so thats why shes hand writing it, i realised 1 month later that the extra 100gb wasnt added, i went back to the store they said the contract states only 100gb no bonus as i couldnt find the original contract and had no evidence, and said to call custmer care, which i did they where not helpeful at all, I then found the original contract and recall the custmer care which didnt help so tried the live chat who said they will do follow up within days which they didnt, 10 months i finally had enough and recalled to speak to a hopeless supervisor who did nothing to help just stated thats not how we do business. Great work Optus

0 Kudos