cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor zzzman
Occasional Contributor

Double data only applied in third month onwards - is this correct

I signed up to the double data promo on 11/5. I didn’t get the double data in the first month and was told it would activate in the second month onwards. 

Its 11/6 and my data reset but it’s stull not showing the bonus. 

I asked live chat and was told this would only be active on 11/7 because 

- first bill on 19/5 is a pay in advance bill as security deposit 

- second bill on 12/6 covers first month of usage

- third bill on 12/7 is when all the inclusions are active

this is so convoluted and I’m extremely confused. 

Is this correct and have others who’ve signed onto the double data promo last month had similar experience? 

Cheers

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Double data only applied in third month onwards - is this correct

Agree its pretty poor. Optus seem to apply promos (which basically apply to just about every plan they have these days) manually. Data is often applied down the track as is any discounts / free services etc. its nonsense in this day and age you can't just sign up and have what you purchased front and center.

FWIW the double data might be applied. Do you get an SMS warning when you get to 50% of the single data limit? If not then you'll probably get it at the 100% point of the single data limit (letting you know you've only used 50% of your available data. But it shouldn't need this sort of hoop jumping to find out.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor zzzman
Occasional Contributor

I’m on the 50GB base plan and should have the 50GB bonus making it 100GB in total. I won’t use the quota but I want what I signed up for. 

I only used 20GB the first month so never reached the 50% sms alert mark. 

I agree everything should be automated and I t seems so odd that any bonuses would have to be applied manually or only when the customer ask. 

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Since you've got some to spare I'd try test it out.

1) Check how much you've downloaded now in the Optus App

2) Reset your on phone usage counter.

3) Download a few big files to get yourself up to 26 Gb (over 4G)

4) Keep an eye out for the 50% warning SMS.

If you don't get it after a hour or two then it would appear you do have the data, its just not showing up yet.

NB Don't forget to delete the files after you've finished.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor Galey
New Contributor

I signed up on 14 Apr and the double data still hasn't appeared. I'm on the third bill already. Have had 2 calls and 2 chats and all have resulted in a "Marketing Escalation" but no actual result. I'm now in a 48 hour holding pattern waiting for the outcome of "The previous agent will definitely contct you within 48 hours". 24 hours (+6 weeks) and counting. First contacted them on 3 May.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Galey
New Contributor

Oh and went over the data limit twice last month and got slugged $20 for the extra 2GB of data which will apparently be reversed. I won't hold my breath. Seriously wondering whether this constitutes breach of contract and I should be asking for compensation, although,  can't even get the data I am paying for so not sure how that would work 🙂

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Galey, sounds like we need to go and confirm that you've been signed up to the correct offer.

THE OFFER

Effective Date: May 11, 2018
End Date: May 20, 2018

New and recontracting customers who sign up to a My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only will receive double data on the below plans:

• $30 My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only 6GB, DEC Promo (3GB + 3GB)
  • $40 My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only 30GB DEC Promo (15GB +15GB)
  • $50 My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only 60GB DEC Promo (30GB + 30GB)
  • $60 My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only 100GB DEC Promo (50GB + 50GB)

Did you sign up between the dates mentioned above? The data should definitely be applied by the time your second invoice is due out. You're welcome to send us a private message → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Galey
New Contributor

Hi @Dan_C,

I signed up on 14 Apr 18 on the $85 My Plan Plus 14GB with bonus to 24GB for 24 months.

Details of the offer I signed up to are at https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Receive-double-data-from-Optus/ba-p/401788

As I mentioned I have escalated this a number of times with the last one being Wednesday night. It is now 48 hours since that contact and the promised call that was supposed to happen within 48 hours hasn't happened. Surprise, surprise! Optus customer service is just the worst!

I will PM you so you can look at the account, not that I think you will fix it, no one else has.

Galey

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, that's fine. Please do!

I'll back to you right away. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Wadew
New Contributor

That's the same plan I got and they only gave me 60GB. Have been fighting ever since and still don't have my allocated 100gb on each of my phone plans.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors