Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RonSK
New Contributor
New Contributor

Double data offer by Optus

Recently I have signed up for double data plan. It’s over a month now I have taken out the plan and Optus still could not figure out the double data allowance on my account. Contacted OPTUS on multiple occasions still no luck from them. I am going to contact telecommunication ombudsman soon regarding this. I am not going to pay Optus for misleading offer.

5 Replies
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Double data offer by Optus

I'm sorry for the delay @RonSK

The T's and C's of this offer do state that the bonus data will be applied by the time your second invoice is due out.

If you exceed your base allowance, we'll credit you for any excess data used up to the full bonus data inclusion.

If you'd like us to check on this one, we'll gladly do that for you.

Can you send us a private message? I need you to include your full name, DOB and mobile number.

Follow the URL below:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
allaty
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have also recently signed up for the double data and the plan stated in the details that I'll get the double data in the first bill but my account is showing only half the data.

Below is the details that states we get double data on the first bill. 

Double Data 12M SIM Only Offer: Sign up/recontract to any My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only plan to receive double the standard data inclusion for up to 24 months, or until you recontract, cancel, or change plans. Even if the contract is for 12 months, if you choose to stay on your plan for longer, the discount will apply for 24 months. Customers who sign up online will get the double data on the first bill. Double data offer is not available with other promotional offers unless specified. Ends 20/05/18

I tried a live chat to no avail, they kept promising everything is fixed even guaranteed a sms and email confirmation in 15 minutes. I have yet to receive any updates/confirmation or see my double data despite the supervisor giving us a call.

I kept given the run around of month in advance billing.

Please advice.

Tags (1)
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @allaty, sorry to hear this hasn't been fixed for you yet. Please follow the steps Dan has provided so we can look into this for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Timur
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there,

Have similar problem with double data offer.

In fact, joined Optus just because of it, just before promo expiery. Was promised to receive double data on second month, but nothing happend.

Contacted Optus in the chat, they said first that it was already provided and my 50gb is half tariff half promo, which is false, then that is was a store only offer, which is also false, and then that it was not for new customers, which is also false, so I am eventually wrong. This is the worst customer relashionship experience so far

Regards,

Timur

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Timur - thanks for reaching out.
Can you please PM me with your Mobile number, full name, DOB and confirmation that you're the account holder?  
We'll take a look! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos