cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
JamLeRoMa
New Contributor
New Contributor

Double data Explosion Promo help - not getting double data! live chat no help at all.

Hi there, 

I signed up for double data explosion on 25th of March via live chat where i confirmed I'd be getting 30Gb data (15+15) for $40 per month. I am currently not seeing the 30gb reflect on my app. It is only showing that I have 17gb of data to use so I contacted live chat again asking why I don't have 30gb as per signing up to this contract. First the agent told me it was because it was 30gb for the first month ONLY - rubbish. Long story short and a migraine later we went around in circles while the agent kept putting me on hold then told me marketing department will contact me in 2-3 days (they haven't) and then the agent said i will have rermaining data in 5-6 days (i still don't have it). Before I call complaints and get the run around again I noticed some others have had their double data issue reseolved here. Is there someone that can help me please..... thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JordanOptus
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Double data Explosion Promo help - not getting double data! live chat no help at all.

Hey @JamLeRoMa I think what the agent you spoke with may have meant that the bonus data will apply after the first month. If you don't see it on your bill/account next month let us know and we can get it applied easily.

0 Kudos
JamLeRoMa
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Double data Explosion Promo help - not getting double data! live chat no help at all.

Hi @JordanOptus,

Thanks for the reply.. unfortunately the agent was very clear 4 times stating first month only.. here is the relevant excerpt from the chat.. 

Berdine (23:00:44 Australia/Melbourne) : I see your in $40 plan but you will receive the 15 + 15 GB data only once that's when you sign up the contract.
Berdine (23:01:35 Australia/Melbourne) : I would like to say you don't get data 15 + 15 on every month, its only on first month.
Visitor (23:01:48 Australia/Melbourne) : No I confirmed it was per month when I signed up via live chat.. It was also advertised on Optus website at the timw
Visitor (23:02:01 Australia/Melbourne) : That's not correct
Berdine (23:02:30 Australia/Melbourne) : I am really sorry, however it is only for the first month.
Visitor (23:03:30 Australia/Melbourne) : No that's rubbish..
Berdine (23:03:52 Australia/Melbourne) : Can I place your chat on hold for 2-3 minutes while I provide the information for you?
Visitor (23:03:53 Australia/Melbourne) : It definitely was not. That's why I changed my plans
Berdine (23:04:13 Australia/Melbourne) : Let me check your previous chat.
Berdine (23:05:26 Australia/Melbourne) : Were you known that the offer was only for the first recharge that you had in the month of March when you had opted for this plan?

If you want a laugh, i can send you the whole transcript to read.. it's littered with incorrect information. I wasn't laughing at the time. 

I think this agent needs re training .. 

i'll wait another month.. the previous agent who signed me up said it would only take up to 48hours .. there's a lot of miscommunication within Optus.. it's quite frustrating.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@JamLeRoMa, did you happen to record the interaction ID for this one?

I'll need to send this one through to our Live Chat management team. I'm sorry for the misinformation, all our agents should have access to our marketing offer database.

New and recontracting customers who sign up to a $40 and above My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only plan will receive double data on the selected plan.

• $40 My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only: Total of 30GB (15GB + 15GB)

Effective Date: March 14, 2018
End Date:
March 25, 2018

The bonus data should be applied by the time your second invoice is due out. If you do happen to exceed the base 15Gb inclusion, we'll credit any excess data up to the amount of 30GB.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
JamLeRoMa
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan_C,

Yes I do have that. Here is the Transaction Id: 

INT-sv1appis16-1524228489014-185073

Chat started - 20/04/2018 22:48pm and ended 20/04/2018 23:51pm 

Thanks for clarifying the plan details below.. The agent I signed up with in March was clear i was signing up for this plan. And I was clear about what I was signing up for. 

I have since received my second bill and unfortunately I still don't have my double data. 😞

Thank you for offering the credit on any excess data up to 30Gb. 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for that, I'll pass that through to the guys that manage our chat team.

Can you send us a private message? I need your full name, DOB and account number,

We'll make sure that you've been placed onto the correct rate plan. If necessary, we'll amend the plan for you.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
JamLeRoMa
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks so much Dan_C. 

Have sent you a Pm 🙂

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Great 😄 I've replied back. 

0 Kudos