Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
pyro1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Donate your Data Charged my bank

I activated by DyD SIM, received an message saying I had done so successfully. However Optus still took $40 out of my account (I selected 'no' for recharge when signing up as well as not to store my bank details). 

It seems like it activated the free plan and then auto recharged using my details, as I also got a 'double data' thing for 'recharging'.

Support is useless as usual, they don't know a thing about DyD. I was told there was a refund request in and to wait 5 days, but then I receive a message saying the transaction was pending end it should be gone. Sure, it was pending and now it isn't, but I've still lost $40

pyro1_0-1619674411531.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Donate your Data Charged my bank

Hi @pyro1, thanks for bringing this to our attention. It's possible that AutoRecharge is set up on your SIM. You can check if AutoRecharge is set up via the My Optus App. Please check our AutoRecharge guide for more info.

If you did have any other questions regarding your service, please send us a message via the My Optus App, or our Facebook or Twitter page.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Donate your Data Charged my bank

You might just have to wait while the issue is sorted behind the scenes. Give it a few weeks and see if the amount isn't recredited as mentioned.

$40 is a lot for prepaid. How much data do you use a month?
0 Kudos