Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Donate Your Data

Hi @SMCD 

Both really great suggestions! More than happy to pass along your feedback. 

It's really only the beginning. We're looking at working with other charity partners in the future and we'll continue to develop the app to make donating even easier. 

Personally, I really like the idea of an automatic data donation at the end of the billing month 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, donated my 30 GB of data for this month 😊

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Optus,

Does my donated data still keep its expiry date? Ie. If my data expires on 30th of each month, and I donate my left over data on the 28th of that month, does that data only have 2 days before it expires or does it last longer once donated?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

It goes into the donate pool without any attributes such as expiry date.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
Blog Author

As @Paddylee said, there's no set expiry date for donated data. 

All data is collated and donated to disadvantaged Australians identified by our partner the Smith Family. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Blog Author

Update: 

Customers on SMB plans (SoHo & Micro) are now elegible to donate data via the My Optus app!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Definitely a great cause, areslane 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Dear Optus Team,

It's great that you have the 'Donate Your Data' facility (I have donated twice), but I would like to see this facility extended so that Optus customers would have the ability to donate their mobile data to anyone. This should happen as soon as possible given the current pandemic.

Please be flexible and inclusive. All Australians are feeling the impact of Coronavirus at this time, but let's not forget international students and foreigners on temporary visas living in Australia. There is no financial help for them from government at present, many have lost work and their families are not necessarily able to support them. In many cases they cannot fly home and have lost significant amounts of money from flights home being cancelled.

International students shouldn't have to pay for additional data to access their education on top of their student course fees at this time for who knows how long. This initiative wouldn't cost the customer anything and would be a huge help to international students. It'd also be great PR for Optus and anyone else who gets involved, such as people like myself who represent educational institutions with international students.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Kind regards,

Barbara

0 Kudos