cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor phoneuser81
New Contributor

Does hotspot cost money

I recently signed up to an OPTUS plan, it has 80gb per month for my phone.(Iphone) , separately, my iPad does not have a place for a SIM card so I was hoping to use tethering/ hot spot some of my data in the times I take the iPad out of my home, will this be possible without incurring any fees ? Thanks 

Tags (3)
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does hotspot cost money

Yep you can hotspot many devices at once and it will use your iPhone data. There are no additional fees. Smiley Happy

New Contributor phoneuser81
New Contributor

Thanks for replying so quickly. I’m new to OPTUS because virgin is phasing out, so it’s good to be supported here Smiley Happy I’m sure this forum would have the most current and useful information because when I googled it there was something about it maybe costing & also ... Tethering will show on your bill as 'Mobile as Modem'. ? 

Understandably like most others I’m not a fan of surprise charges, thanks again 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well the forum has many Optus customers and given they are the ones that use these devices all day every day they generally give very good unbiased advice. I don't recall ever seeing tethered data mentioned on a bill however you may see it mentioned in your data usage summary. The 80GB is yours to do what ever you want with and if you have a laptop, tablet or even another phone you can share your iPhone data with all of them.

Top Contributors