cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Does Loyalty Count Anymore?

Been a customer for 20 years and want to upgrade my phone and re-conteact but have $270 left of handset pmts to go. In the past Optus has waived these when you re-contract but now nothing at all. Pay it is the answer. 

Now I'm not expecting something for nothing in the whole amount being waived but as a loyal  (20 years) customer some sort of good will gesture or thank you for my loyalty would have been nice considering I am re-contracting for 24 months.

Am I being unreasonable? Can anyone help?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Does Loyalty Count Anymore?

No. Loyalty is something you get from your dog.

Youre super lucky as no company is required to adsorb such a loss.

Yes, if you have received a large discount in the past think yourself lucky.

I only expect one thing when I pay money for something, quality and reliability but loyalty never comes into the picture.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Obviously you didn't read my post properly as I wasn't asking for all the funds credited just something to acknowledge that I am a loyal customer.....

Also have you ever heard that it costs a company a lot less to keep a customer than to try and get new customers? 

I bet you are one of those people that changes insurance/gas/electricity/phone ect providers every month as it saves you $1!

Anyway, thank you for your feedback and insight and I hope you have a great weekend.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for getting back. I think I did read your post corectly. I just think you're better off chasing a bargain than waiting for some deal to be offered or expect some form of monetary return. 

Na, I'm not one to stuff about chasing for a bargin often mind I do keep a eye out for one, my last mobile plan change was a couple of years ago and I've not seen anything that compares to it yet.. Maybe over Christmas.

Anyway I do hope you get the deal you're expecting.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It does seem like you're essentially expecting something for nothing.

You half answered your question "What is loyalty worth?". Optus (and every other business these days) see loyalty as a lazy tax. 80% of customers once got will remain and pay over the odds despite it being pretty easy to get a better deal elsewhere. The longer you have been a customer the more you're viewed as "rusted on".

As @caaf says, its always worth asking if Optus could do better for you, but if you don't get the answer you like then look around and find a better deal. Chasing $1 is pointless but setting a reminder in your phone calender to do a quick check when your current plan is almost up can be pretty lucrative (even if its just signing up to a better Optus deal which Optus won't tell you about unless you ask) 

New customers are indeed hard to get and optus isn't alone in giving big discounts to get them. Best strategy these days is to become a new customer.

Regards

Peter Gillespie