Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor ScottMitch
New Contributor

Disgraceful Service

I have tried many times to cancel my mobile service as I now live in another country and have so for the past 6 months. Optus have enough information to send me a bill and debit my account monthly but whenever I call or chat to cancel this service no one in business or personal queues can locate my service. This game has been going on for months, taking my empty Aus bank account into debit attracting bank fees. My service is 0XXX XXX XX1, if anyone can locate it they can have the money that Optus should compensate me for the last 5 months + bank fees. I have spent hours trying to sort this out, 3 hrs today actually and probably around 20-30hrs on previous attempts, latest reference is #1300467. This attempt no one again could find my service and transferred me to +61280825678, sat in that queue for 74mins and spoke to a tech support person (Ken) who said he was part of the overflow queue and once again could not help me. You can contact me at sxxxxcom to help resolve my issue. I live in the Netherlands now so email communication would be preferred. Also you can't find a complaints email section anywhere on your website, probably by design i would suggest.

Scott Mitchell

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Disgraceful Service

I would suggest editing your post to remove your private details, as this is a Public Forum. Normally to Cancel a Service, you need to Phone Optus on 1300555241 and speak to Retention to Disconnect.  As this has been an ongoing issue, maybe speak to customer service on Live Chat on http://yesopt.us/chat2us and ask them to Lodge a Complaint and have it Case Managed, ask for a reference number and wait for a Case Office to contact you.  Ask for the Case Manager to possibly email you, or contact you at a time that is convient to you based on where you are.  Otherwise, one of the Mod's may be able to take your details and esculate something for you.  Also maybe try raising a request via Social Media, via Facebook Messanger or Twitter and hopefully someone will reach out to you and collect your details to resolve the issue being you cant easily ring them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor ScottMitch
New Contributor

Re: Disgraceful Service

thanks.. the mobile has been shut off for months and ppl can call it/spam it whatever they would like, it has no connection to me anymore other than Optus. Providing my email through here is the only way I can get my details through as I requested many times for the operator to take my details, investigate and call/email me back but they refuse. I even asked for duty managers but they dont seem to be available also when requested. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors