Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Discount for healthcare workers

I heard that healthcare workers get free phone accounts for 3 months. Is that true and how do I enact it?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Discount for healthcare workers

Yep. Don't worry there's a month to apply and the portal hasn't been set up yest. Just keep an eye on the main Optus site or perhaps in the mobile app.

To Australia’s healthcare heroes, we say thank you

In recognition of their support to our community, we’re proud to say thanks to Australia’s health workers by waiving their Postpaid mobile access fees for 3 months. Eligible new and existing Optus customers will be able to apply through an online form available next week until 30 April 2020. More information about specific eligibility criteria will be released shortly. We will continue to post updates here.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Exactly what @petergdownload said.

As soon as we're ready to go, we'll send through an update 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am an AIN in aged care.  As an AIN I don't have an AHPRA number.  There are many AINs working in hospitals doing a very demanding job that won't have an AHPRA number either.

Do we qualify for the discount?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi carolann69,

Eligibility information can be found on the help and support page for this offer. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Unfortunately not Carol. It appears just as front line a AHPRA holders (so probably should). However I suspect the problem is Optus can only easily verify AHPRA numbers at the moment. They need some formal ID option to stop everyone signing up. Perhaps that will come later on?

@Ray_YC
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

How do you sign up? I haven’t found anywhere to leave my APHRA details
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Please see this thread from the Yes Crowd front page JoJo73 which contains the online form.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Quick Tip I just discovered. If you use QUICK REPLY you can't do much more than type but you can still type @xyz and it will be converted on POST to an actual link.
0 Kudos