Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Teila117
New Contributor

Disconnected for no reason ?

My number seems to have been disconnected today, but my bill is all up to date and my Optus app says I still have almost 4gb of data (I get 4gb a month) and 30 whole days left? My service seems to have gone around 2:30-3pm or so the afternoon today while I was working 

I have a pixel 3 which I bought pre release in November directly from optus on a payment and service plan for $82 a month, which I have always been up to date on

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Disconnected for no reason ?

It's possible your phone has been illegally ported to another service. It's ridiculously easy to do this. Jackets then use your number to reset passwords and get confirmation SMS etc. 

I suggest you contact Optus asap to find out what is going on. Also check your email and bank passwords etc. To see if there's any activity there.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Disconnected for no reason ?

Yikes that would definitely be worst case scenario but hopefully that isn't the situation, Teila117.

I've never used a Pixel before but in the past I have had the rare occasion where the phone freezes or drops off the network and simple turn it off and on again resolves the problem.

So if you haven't already and if it's still not working, give this a go. 

Another quick thing to check if there are any reported network issues in the location by click on the Outages tab.

Then if still needed, please Chat with us to find out what's going on.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors