Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Disappointed Customer

DomChua

Hi Optus, 

Just like to express my disappointment with your organisation that after 14 years I was told to go away to your competitor for my mobile services. 

Not really a good way to handle a customer let alone a loyal and supportive one.

Re: Disappointed Customer

Davelew

Hi

I would be interested to know why Optus told you to go to a competitor.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Hmm, as would I @Davelew.

What's happened @DomChua? You're welcome to us a private message with some more details (or here if you'd prefer). 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DomChua

Hi @Dan_C and @Davelew

Thank you for responding to this email. @Dan_C, I have PM you with the details. 

@Davelew, don't want to bore you with my sob story but in summary, I was offered a phone + plan deal from a competitor of Optus and after speaking with the sales and customer retention department, the unequivocal response from them was: "We are sad to see you leave". Leading me to believe, loyalty and longevity of a customer has no bearing in this organisation (I hope I am dead wrong and I am an expection rather than the norm). 

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Dom

Davelew

Thanks Dom.

I am afraid on today's world with telcos they seem to be far more interested in offering specials to new customers than retaining their existing. I think this goes across mobile suppliers and when our plans come to an end we have to forget loyalty and seek the best deal to suit ourselves.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DomChua

Hi Dave, 

I agree with your view but it is disappointing no doubt as it would have cost them more to recruit new customers than to retain existing ones. 

Either way, hopefully they would be able to start looking after their existing customers as in today's digital economy, many of us would have more than one line of services with them and since I am going to start decoupling them, it would be much easier to port all my house hold services over to competitors that are willing to offer the services I need. 

Kind Regards,

Dom

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
109 Kudos
103 Kudos
84 Kudos
78 Kudos
43 Kudos