Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
GeoffreyJ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Direct Debit

My credit card from which my previous direct debit came from has been cancelled. However every time I go into my Optus account the program says they are currently unable to remove the card. I have tried for weeks and it is very frustrating. Add to this, there is no one at Optus to talk to!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Direct Debit

Its lesser known but we can't cancel a direct debit arrangement unilaterally (That's why gyms really like them).

Its possible Optus thinks there's outstanding money owed or the like and won't let the debit be cancelled before it is settled.

You should contact LIVE CHAT to sort through what's needed.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
GeoffreyJ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Peter,

That's stupid for people who just want to change their credit card details. No matter what you do in your system, and the phoney information that says you can change your credit card, you can't, I even if the old one has expired. Bit dumb of Optus

0 Kudos
GeoffreyJ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Peter

I then try to find Live Chat as no one from Optus will help me simply change my credit card details. But then I find I have to download an App. But I can't activate the App because Optus won't send me a code for the App.

Any real suggestions on how I can change my credit card or talk to someone?

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It would probably work if there wasn't potentially an issue with the old card. 

Regardless, Optus automation of processes can be a little patchwork behind the scene. Can be best to call and find out yourself.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sorry, but can only point you back from where you've come. 

Try LIVE CHAT again as you can get a variety of levels of helpfullness (generally they're all trying to help but some are better at it then others). Ask what department you're talking to (as I believe any department answers the initial contact)

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
GeoffreyJ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Peter

I have spent hours on this and am getting nowhere.

All I want to do is change my credit card debit from an expired one to one that I have already loaded into your system.

Your live chat will not load onto my Ipad.

I cannot get a single person to talk to when I phone Optus.

Separately your App doesn't work at the moment

It just goes round and round

Please give me a person to talk to

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Just to clarify, its not my app or live chat. I'm just a fellow customer like you Smiley Surprised

Try accessing live chat on a different PC if you can, it is the best way to have a one on one interaction. You can also set it to notify you once some one has appeared at the other end.

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos