Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Gaz2345
New Contributor
New Contributor

Didn't get special offer

So I signed up for the Xmas special 12 month $30 for 15gb, but instead got placed on the $40 / 10gb plan, so who do I talk to to get this fixed? Can't see any support email address anywhere.

9 Replies
GTFO
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Didn't get special offer

Have you received your first bill?

What does the documentationt hat you would have been emailed say?

0 Kudos
Malala
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm in the same boat. I upgraded from pre to post paid and my contract states $40 per month with 15 GB data. I've been trying to contact the customer support number and it sends me a text with a link that doesn't work!! Is there a customer support number where we can speak to a person?

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

In many of these specials (behind the scenes) it seems Optus just logs a standard plan and then applies 'bonuses' to it manually. It can take until the second bill to show up correctly. Definitely chase it down, but just saying you possibly do have the deal you signed up for. Check the SMS data warnings that come through (when you get a 50% warning is it at 5Gb or 7.5Gb?)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Gaz2345
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, I have the bill - my billing cycle starts on 5th of each month. My old plan was month to month $40 10gb. The latest bill has me on $40 My Plan Plus 12M SIM, so the plan has been changed, just not to the one I ordered.

Gary

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yep. And its probable there is no "$30 plan" in the Optus system. You have joined the "$40 plan" that includes a "$10 monthly discount" and a "5Gb bonus". These two will be added by the second bill. Not certain, definitely confusing, but possible.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Malala
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for the response. I've been pre-paid all the way and recent changes made it a useless package. My partner has defected to Vodafone-wondering if i should have done the same. Does anyone know the number where i can call and speak to a connsultant?

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@petergdownload is spot on with how most promotions work in our systems. You sign up to the $40 plan and the discount/bonuses get added in batches before your second bill.

Errors can still happen if the wrong plan was selected when signing up, so it's definitely worth following up to make sure yours is correct. If you jump into Live Chat, an agent will verify your account and check you meet eligibility criteria for the promotion. If not, they can raise a marketing escalation to get any errors changed.

Feel free to send me a private message if you need further assistance. My inbox is a little busy at the moment but I'll definitely get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Gaz2345
New Contributor
New Contributor

So someone from Optus called a couple of days ago, said the 25% discount was only available to new accounts. I don't remember seeing that written anywhere, but OK. She offered $40 / 15gb 12 month plan, still a good deal, so I said yes to that. Have now just an email from Optus system, saying, and I quote "We're just confirming that you've added 25% Discount for 24 months to your Optus Service." No mention of the plan.

What?? So now I have no idea how much I am paying, what I am getting, or for how long I am paying it. 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Gaz2345

Sounds about right. Optus don't seem to have a cohesive backend process. Many updates appear to trigger cryptic messages or messages are being send manually by staff at their discretion. It needs an overhaul IMO. At least the message seems to be in the right direction (discount).

You can try contact again and sort things but I'd be inclined to wait and see what turns up in your MYACCOUNT and then start questioning.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Top Contributors