cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Optsgo476
New Contributor
New Contributor

Device returned 3 weeks ago but device charge still not waived !

Optus sent me a return satchel and I returned the device on Dec 01. The tracking history shows it was delivered on Dec 02. I received my bill on Dec 19 which still charged me the device fee. I message to Optus and they tell me the device is not reached to warehouse and they can’t wave the device charge until they get the confirmation from warehouse. What should I do ? Why the warehouse still not receive it ? I can provide the tracking number of the return satchel.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Device returned 3 weeks ago but device charge still not waived !

Hey @optsg0476, in order to verify the device has been returned- our warehouse teams do have to receive it.  If you could please send your IMEI number over on to our Messenger teams available on the Optus App, the teams will be able to check in and provide an update.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Optsgo476
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have talked with Optus team and provided device info then was told device not reached to warehouse . I don’t know why it was delivered on Dec 2 but the warehouse still not received it after nearly 3 weeks.

0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Similar to ordering things online, delivery can take some time to reach destination especially now with Covid-19 implementing safety precautions across the board with postage systems and interstate deliveries.

As mentioned, we will be able to provide you another update via the Messenger teams, however until the device is confirmed returned, the fee is temporarily valid. If were not wanting to use the Optus App, our teams are also available via Facebook, Twitter as well as over the phone at 133 937 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Optsgo476
New Contributor
New Contributor

F759D2FA-C5B8-4FDF-8B7F-7243B30E7813.jpeg

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Tuong_YC wrote:

Similar to ordering things online, delivery can take some time to reach destination

Don't try and blame the mail system. Its Optus' warehouse processes that are the problem.  Even being super generous and allowing for a whole week for the return to be processed by the warehouse it should well and truly in the system by now. There have certainly been complaint about it in the past.

0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @Optsgo476 as mentioned mate, we are unable to discuss your service details on public forums. If you could send your reference number over any of our Support channels, we would be more than happy to consult and provide an update

0 Kudos
Optsgo476
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos