cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Device repair

Hi guys.  I'm trying to track the status of my device repair.  I lodged the request over the phone on 17 August and was told a satchel would be delivered for me to arrange sending the device to you.  On 23 August I rang as I hadn't received anything, and was told that the courier had tried to collect the device form my home (different process to what I was initially advised) but that I could drop the device to a store.  I dropped the device to a store (Woden ACT) that day.  The store rang me later to say that they had been advised they couldn't arrange collection from the store, as Optus were expecting to collect from my house, and I would need to contact Optus.  I rang Optus who over the course of a 1 hour conversation, with me being on hold for over ten minutes at a time, finally confirmed that the device would be collected from the store.  Today, there is still no progress on my BASC number when I check online.  I called Optus and was advised that the BASC had been cancelled.  They did not know where my device was and advised I would need to contact thge store to get the new BASC.  The number provided for the store only gives a range of menu options that point to websites.  Given I have tried phone several times and cannot call the store, I am trying this avenue.  Could someone please confirm where my phone is and what the status of the repair is?  Original BASC was BASC01217306.

Thanks, Andrew

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Device repair

Hey, 

You can track the status of the device online, please go to http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/boomerang. The site will be asking for the BASC number and your residential postcode. 

Hope it helps. 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that's where I have been tracking using my BASC number. Unfortunately that number has been cancelled and the call centre can't tell me where my device is or what the new BAs number is. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Went past the store today - phone was just sitting out the back doing nothing. They have resubmitted the repair requested under a new number, so hopefully I'll get somewhere now. Bit frustrating to be back to square 1 after logging the original request two weeks ago, but not much I can do about that now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@AndrewS81 - Sorry about the late reply there. Disappointed to hear about your experience - I'll be more than happy to pass your feedback to the store so we can get the process looked into and improve on it for next time. Feel free to touch base with us if there's anything we can give you a hand with. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Vicky. Thanks for your reply. I just got a call now from the store to say the device was repaired and ready to collect. To clarify, while the store could have communicated better, it really was the call centre that was frustrating and inconsistent. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@AndrewS81 - Ah I see. Appreciate you taking the time to let us know - I can get that fed back so we can ensure that our Care agents are providing the most up to date information for you. I'm glad to hear that your device is ready to be picked up! Hopefully it's all good to go from now on.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos