Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Hazza88
New Contributor
New Contributor

Delivery

Ahh optus you kill me. The reason why I left you guys couple years ago is still valid. I was told ohh we have improved in many ways none of those problems exist anymore. I placed an order for a phone but each time I contact for a status update everyone gives me a different answer. I never experienced this sort of unprofessionalism with Telstra or Vodafone. To me Vodafone has improved the most with great team that give you the correct information which you can rely on. If I keep getting the run around I will be handing the matter over to telecommunications ombudsman. This is the only way optus will listen out

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Delivery

@Hazza88 its happening everywhere. If it is about delivery tracking, I understand your frustration, I too have experienced the delivery run around with many compaies. Last week I was tracking a Express parcel from Port Macquary to Brisbane by AusPost. The sender said it is lodge but there is no tracking scan. Auspost tells me item not lodged for 2 days. On the of the delivery there is 1 scan "item is on for delivery today".  2. Tracking a delivery by Toll from Sydney to Brisbane, expected to be an overnight delivery but tracking shows it is sitting in the Syd Hub for 3 days. Contacted Toll on day and they say they have to investigate where the item is. My point is that even for dedicated transport companies, their tracking isn't perfect with every parcel. The growth of parcel has increase so much over the years and my guess is that the system isn't keeping up with the growth. 

Like many company Optus isn't a transport company like DHL or do they have the tracking infrustructure to track every point of the delivery. They relies on the transport company to give them an update on the delivery status. Maybe different department uses different part of the system to give you the information. However, I agree that Optus should provide a  unified message to their customer. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Delivery

@Hazza88, have we given you the consignment/tracking reference number?

You'll be able to track the progress of your delivery via StarTracks track and trace site. 

If you're waiting on the delivery of a modem, you'll need to use Toll's tracking site. 

You should receive an SMS with your tracking reference on the day the package is due to be delivered.

A confirmation that the package has been dispatched should come through the day prior to shipment. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos