Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Delivery Delays

I'd like to know when my delivery is going to get shipped.

Your site is arranged in such a manner that I can't find this information easily. I get told by your automated phone system that there are significant delays due to COVID-19 but I can't find any actual information that I can base a decision off.

I understand that there are extenuating services at play, all I would like is Optus to provide easily accessible information for all of it's customers.

Tags (2)
6 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Delivery Delays

yes well this seems to be the approach at Optus. They takes orders without any suggestion of delivery delays and then sits on your order without updates for weeks. I ordered a new phone and plan on the 3rd of April and cannot get a definitive status on the order (after multiple calls) and its the 16th today! I cant cancel cant do anything. Not one update via email or sms since the order was taken. Nothing. Extenuating circumstances are on the supply end - post-sale customer service should not have to suffer. An ETA doesn't take much to generate.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yep, same here, I ordered somewhere in april, I'm not even sure if they have even processed my order, but I can't be bothered spending hours on the phone trying to get it sorted, so I will just wait it out. However, I am not surprised at all when it comes to this kind of support, Optus tends to sale the product and provide absolutely no after-sales service, so its common
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there, i have encountered similar issue, ordered phone and sim plan on 3rd may. received a message on 21st may saying that my item cannot be delivered. i called customer service and they told me it could be a delivery address issue and that need to place a new order, did that on the same day. Now it’s 29th may and still not a single update on the status of my order. I understand their logistics partners are facing cyber attacks but it has been a full month now and non of my issues have been resolved yet
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Diito re delivery delays (with some incompetence thrown in).  Have been waiting for a replacement Fetch box since mid May.  When the call centre finally got their act together the order was placed on 21 May.  Status simply says 'submitted' with two delivery dates ( 1to 5 days, and 7 - 10 days) and no idea of when that will be.   We're moving house in 3 weeks so they need to pull their fingers out if we're to receive the replacement in time.

Is there nobody in authority from Optus across these posts? 

The people who seem to answer these questions do so without having any solid idea of what's happening and I find that extremely frustrating not to mention annoying.  Some dill even told me to go buy a new Fetch box myself - as if I hadn't already though of that.  And then I get emails from Optus asking if my query has been resolved and would I close the issue and give kudos.  As if!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I placed an order late May, and after having to call Optus 10 times for a single reliable update; it seems like Optus isn't able to get in touch with their warehouse, and hasn't been able to for days?!?
Which is worrying, because that's where my note 10+ is.

Was advised my new phone is on the way, but startrack has advised me that it's sitting and collecting dust in the Optus warehouse, and hasn't even been picked up yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

For me this entire Optus experience has been one of total disbelief that a company could be so inept. 

As for 'customer service' I'd argue they haven't a clue what the words really mean.  I'm fed up with the call centre apologising every time I speak to them.

As for the warehouse, the call centre readily provides a number and advises one to ring but it's not answered and all you get is a message saying the number's been disconnected.

0 Kudos