cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Delievered sim card already activated?!

I would really appreciate any help or advice on this matter!

I purchased a new phone with a post-paid plan on 26/12/18, the phone was on back-order and due to the holidays I received the package today 2/1/18. I had a few questions regarding porting my number as part of the activation process so I went on livechat. To my surprise I was told the number had already been activated!

I was told that because my sim had already been activated then I can no longer port my old number from TPG (which is still active)

Firstly, during my confirmation email and the intial terms and conditions document, there was no mention of automatic activation of the SIM or a time limit as to when that will happen. If I had known that was the case I would arrange the activation ASAP myself to be able to port the number. When I made the purchase online, I could not see any option of porting my number at the time so I assumed I will be doing it myself once I received the package.

Could I receive a blank/new SIM that has not been activated (happy to pay for a new SIM) so I can port my number? Please do not tell me that it is impossible to change my number linked to my current plan and that the only way is to sign a new plan (i've just joined a 24 month contract!!). it's a number that hasn't been used- sim card not even inserted- it should be able to be changed, or to give me a new code or account number or something. I have also read that similar situations had happened to other customers and eventually their issue was resolved.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Delievered sim card already activated?!

problem solved! thanks optus 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Delievered sim card already activated?!

May i ask How did you solved this issue? I am facing the same problem with you.

0 Kudos