Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Kellh311
New Contributor
New Contributor

Deleting emails

Hi can anyone help me? I have Optus webmail emails on my iPhone but my main account is on my computer. How can I set it up so when I delete an email from my computer, it also deletes the same email from my iPhone. I have to delete them seperately when I get on my phone. I hope you get what I’m trying to say Thanks so much
0 Kudos
5 Replies
atoa
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Deleting emails

unfortunately, You need to delete them separately. You are unable to delete from both devices.

0 Kudos
Kellh311
New Contributor
New Contributor

Oh no really? I have so many to delete. I wish there was a way it could be done. Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate your help
0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Bit late to the party here Kellh311 but what do you mean by webmail on your iPhone? Webmail is just a portal where your emails are kept until you download them. Providing you have the setting ticked on your computer to remove the email from the server after you do a send and receive then there should be nothing left to delete.

If you are in fact using an email program on your iPhone as apposed to simply viewing webmail then that is a totally different ball game.

0 Kudos
Theresa2553
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yelarb,

Are you able to give more explicit instructions of how to do this?

I am constantly getting emails from Optus saying my mailbox is full and I cannot find how to remove them from the server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Hi @Theresa2553, you're able to delete emails from the service by logging directly into our Webmail Portal and deleting emails of your choice from there once logged in.

Make sure to also empty your trash folder to make sure they're permanently deleted since email sitting in your trash folder also take up space in your inbox.

For further instructions, you can have a look at our Webmail Guide page.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.