Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Kayla-Canadian
New Contributor

Delay Using Pre-Paid SIM

I bought a couple pre-paid SIM cards from Woolworths that were on sale ($15 instead of $40) - my parents are coming to visit me from Canada in 5 months and thought I would take advantage of a good deal and have SIM cards for them to use while they are visiting. Now I read the fine print and it says “Activate within 30 days of purchase or by the date advertised on a promotion” it also has a Feb 1, 2020 expiry date so I’m confused when they are good until and if I’ll loose the credit. Will these cards still be ready to use with credit available in May? Also, can I use these cards to reload my own service I am using? Thanks! 

1 Reply
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Delay Using Pre-Paid SIM

Afternoon 🙂

I completely get the confusion there. It sounds like it's a promotion run by Woolworths. They'll have purchased the SIM at the original cost from us. It sounds like you've purchased a $40.00 starter kit (which includes $40.00 preloaded). 

Generally, the clause you've mentioned relates to a recharge offer i.e. activate and recharge your SIM by X date and you'll receive a X amount of bonus data.

The 1/2/2020 expiry is the date the SIM will expire. You're unable to activate the SIM after this date. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors