Searching...

Mobile

Dear God....

[ Edited ]
Drboom

I would like some advise about where I can send this email to. It's in relation to dealing with a representative from Customer relations, in which I was discriminated against.

"To whom it may concern,

I am writing to advise my dissatisfactory phone call I received earlier today from Andrew *moderated*. I found the call to contain bias, and discriminate against me, as well as being inappropriate.

Andrew attempted to use an authority over me, as well as frequently talk over the top and cut me off ( I suggest you listen back to the call). He also called me ‘unreasonable’, in a way that I took him to mean being a difficult female. I resent the notion that I was being unreasonable, I was standing up for myself and taking authority over an unresolved issue that has being ongoing since September 2017, which is absolutely ridiculous. 

I also believe Andrew had deliberately ignored my previous attempts to reach out to him. I attempted to call him in February as well as send an email on the 15/02/18. I had also contacted Mandy over 7 times, who was previously assigned to my case, and not heard anything back from her. I feel that Andrew did not find me important enough to bother emailing back.

Even though Andrew had called me today he made out that he was not familiar with my case. I believe this to be a tactic by Andrew to further frustrate and confuse me, so that he could excuse his lack of following up (which he had no answer for), as well as threaten me about money I owe. Andrew should have been well aware of my case, as there is a history of notes in my file, as mentioned I had emailed him which included all the the previous emails between me and Mandy.

He then tried to make out he never received any emails from me, once again making out I was being difficult. For the record I have every attempt documented too.

He asked me to explain my situation. Then when I said I would read him my email, he told me that he didn't have the time to listen. I found this to be dissatisfactory. As i had mentioned I had being awaiting a reply from him for almost 2 months, and when he finally took the time to get in touch he didn’t have the time to listen.

He also proceeded to become aggressive and sarcastically “mansplain” to me about why I would not be exempt from using extra data. I tried to reason with him that I had used excess data because our Optus internet line was faulty (another ongoing issues with Optus), which so far has accumulated in having Telstra come and fix the line.

I also found it odd, that despite Andrew apparently not knowing anything about my case, he seemed to know details. He first started the phone call, by stating “you are wanting to go to another provider yes?” This was something I put in my email, so I believe Andrew was aware of the emails I had sent, and intentionally thought he could play and manipulate his authority over me, while pretending to maintain that I had received adequate service from Optus.

He also continuously put the fault on me, by saying that this needed to be sorted out as though it was my fault, and not because he had taken several months to get in contact. He also with an air of aggression accused of not wanting to pay bills,  which is completely untrue. I had being awaiting a reply since January, in discussion about my billing.

I had to stand up for myself when I felt disrespected and tell him that he was being that way. He continued to attempt to make me feel belittled by sighing and confirming his position of power. I had to request that someone else be made the manager of the case.

And for the record I would love nothing more then to have my case resolved, so I can once and for all be done with Optus, and being made to feel like a second class citizen against the all powerful Telecommunications Gods."

Thanks Stephanie 

Re: Dear God....

Yeldarb

I must say I don't think it's fair to be naming people on a public forum even if you are right. The best method for making a complaint can be found on the link below and should you be dissatisfied with the response from Optus you can always take the matter further if you wish.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/complaints-compliments?requestType=NormalRequest&id=1409...

Toomey

Hey Stephanie, thanks for raising this with us. I have passed on your comments to my management team who can follow up with the agent involved.

If you still require assistance with your case, please feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so I can check the details and follow up.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

LastFriday

Can you imagine the response of OPTUS if every subscriber with an active complaint visited an OPTUS shop or office on the last friday of every month in order to register their complaint or demand an update. I suspect that a resolution would be found pdq,

Highlighted

Shauna

Hi @LastFriday - Can appreciate you're trying to get a point across here, however we have requested you stop posting on multiple threads as this does impact our response time & can be picked up by our Spam filters. If you need assistance with anything, please let us know so we can try and help.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos