cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Deactivating credit card protection

Trying to get credit card protection deactivated has now taken almost 3 months and been nothing short of ridiculous with the amount of time wasted trying to do so! I have followed all the procedures requested and here we are still unable to recharge online. Lousy customer service!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Deactivating credit card protection

Does Optus offer credit card protection? This sounds like something you need to deal with your financial institution?
0 Kudos

Hi  @Shandelle

There can be instances where recharging your prepaid service via credit card will be blocked, the way to lift this block is to purchase a physical voucher from a store and recharge using that. From there it should let you recharge via credit card moving forward.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

It wasnt something offered it simply appeared as a message 3 months ago and I ve been trying to have it removed since. The issue isnt with my financial institution they have no record of it. An Optus staff member tryed to tell me the same thing so I rank my bank and they said the issue is within Optus🙄
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have tried this several times and no it doesnt release the block. To have the block removed it needs to be done by sn Optus technician. I have been trying to have this done successfully for 3 months now🙄 after numerous wasted phone calls and many different stories am pretty ready to just cancel the service if my most recent call hasnt resolved it.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It definitely shouldn't take that long to resolve, Shandelle. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Message Us here or from your My Optus app under the Help menu.

Let us know how you go. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos