cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Amc17
New Contributor
New Contributor

Data

My data is only 3G and runs out very quickly. I then get charged $10 for 1G. I was charged 1 day before it renewed for the month and it did not get included in the 3G. This is a total ripoff. Optus are making a fortune. I never went over with Virgin but now I seem to go over all the time with Optus. Why is that?  My usage has not increased since moving over to Optus. I am going to report this to the ombudsman as I feel that this mobile service is charging a fortune for a very small amount of data.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Data

Yes its a rip off. See my response here

Consider switching to a prepaid plan?

Your phone should indicate locally what data you use and what apps are using the data. See what they say.

I would suggest looking for a plan that doesn't charge excess data fees and/or bumping your plan to the next level (Other faults aside the Telcos are usually prety accurate in how much data you have used).

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos