Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Savvey
New Contributor
New Contributor

Data usage chewage!

Since changing to a plan, my data usage is huge ! 

No one can explain as to why it is happening. This is a joke. I’m really beginning to hate Optus and I want to take them to consumer affairs or something similar. Not quite sure what to do, considering I’ve gone from 9gb on a pre paid and now 15gb plus on a plan and counting. Having to turn off my data is really antagonising and I am so mad. I feel like I’ve been suckered in. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Data usage chewage!

What sort of phone do you have?

All phones have varying abilities to track and limit data usage locally. You should enable them.

Also the Optus phone app can show you a rough breakdown of what app has used the data. You phone also can report what app is using the data. What do they say?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Data usage chewage!

downloaded any new apps lately? some can cause alot of data use in the background. Go into your phone data section and see which app is using how much. That might give you a clue on the data usage. Those online video can chew up data very quickly, especially if you are watching ACA on your mobile.  

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos