Searching...

Mobile

Re: Xunlei thunder

M28

We have also had this problem and YouTube (which we thought was a free stream data) has taken up 25% of our data this month alone.

Can you confirm if this is supposed to be part of the free data usage?

Shauna

Hey @M28, Youtube isn't included in any data free streaming we have. 

The TV streaming includes →

• Fetch
  • Netflix
  • Stan
  • ABC iView
  • ABC Kids
  • ABC ME

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Our Network team have investigated the issue and they’ve advised that a recent software update on the platform has been responsible for misidentifying some data usage types as Xunlei/thunder. We’ve recently rolled back the update, which has now corrected the issue.

Just so you guys are aware, there’s no discrepancy between the amount of usage we’ve reported customers as using, only the description of the data usage type.

If there are any questions, feel free to post here or send us a private message.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Data usage by service called "Xunlei/Thunder" ?

Samuel5060

On the 30th of September apparently 15gb was used by that random as* sh*t, 15 GIGABYTES WTF! I only watch YouTube and use snap chat so how's that happened then? 

Aman_B

Hi @ Samuel5060 - Apologies for any inconvenience caused.  Could you please confirm if you've checked our online here Here on how to manage data? With regards to Xunlei/Thunde  this was caused by a software update caused the excess usage. Please note the usage is correct and there’s no discrepancy between the amount of usage reported. 

jogonz

I have the same issue .. And it is the 2nd highest chewer of my data . .

[ Edited ]
Samuel5060

I don't really understand but is there a way to get reimbursed for my data? I have went over my plan now and it is costing me money

jogonz

As I have read form most posts. ..Many relates it to YouTube being the culprit. . Then it's OK cause I used YouTube a lot.. .I was just alarmed after googling it to be p2p sharing thingy. . 

MikeyGee

Interesting I too have encountered Xunlei & hence Googled it & found this forum to discover I am not alone. My daughter’s phone had internet turned off at Optus end yet mysterious on Sept & Oct. In thirteen days used more than 20 gigs on IPhone SE which is a huge amount of data. I received a text on my phone alerting high use in Oct when it was supposedly switched off July. The main culprit XUNLEI file share which is a P2P. I will be taking this further. It needs to be investigated properly by the Ombudsman if Optus are brushing this off. Why should consumers pay for data they are not using so some unknown Chinese Corp & those involved mine crypto currencies at the expensive of the consumer. 

MikeyGee

Hi I too am having this issue & emailing the Ombudsman, strength in numbers

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
142 Kudos
127 Kudos
120 Kudos
79 Kudos
72 Kudos