Searching...

Mobile

Re: Data usage by service called "Xunlei/Thunder" ?

Mid_life_krisis

I'm leaning towards it being re-branded YouTube usage .. I haven't had any usage attributed to Xunlei since I disabled YouTube last Friday ... it was just unsettling that I had usage allocated to a Chinese BitTorrent .. 

Orion03

Hello everyone, I only discovered this problem happening with me on the Optus my data epic plan $(40). Little usage around 20-50 megabits was used for 3 days then it ramps up from there up to 800 megabits, I don't care that it used the data because I have 30gb. I THINK I have come to the conclusion this is down to using a VPN (virtual private network) this scrambles your location to be un-traceable. Let's try and get this higher up the chain so Optus and notice and address this issue. "Xunlei/Thunder" has an operation in China so there most definitely something going on. Sorry for the long post. -orion 

112-113

I'm testing apps atm as well...

Darren H

112-113

Thank you

Darren

Dan_C

Hey all, I've reached out to the relevant area.

I'll get there take and update you guys here. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

QGeebah

I am with Virgin/Optus (see p.4).  So, I uninstalled YouTube about 5 days ago and I just checked my Virgin usage app.  No more data is being used by Xunlei.  But....... I also have Wifi broadband through Virgin/Optus and I have used YouTube a lot but there is no mention of Xunlei on the same Virgin app breakdown of usage.  If YouTube is the culprit then why isn't it showing up in the breakdown for Wifi broadband.. .....?

Dan_C

That's a question I'll hopefully be able to answer @QGeebah

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Brettttt

It aseems to have stopped on 4 Oct with a very small amount of data used.  Is that the same date for everyone else?

Mid_life_krisis

Yes, same here ..

Highlighted

punk

yep 

4.10.18 was the last time it had been seen

now you tube has replaced it

issue now over

punk 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
108 Kudos
103 Kudos
84 Kudos
78 Kudos