Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Data sharing.

I have a prepaid mobile data plan and I’ve just realised that it says on the bill that I can data share with other devices. I have an unlocked iPhone (not with Optus). Should I be able to connect the phone to my Optus plan for data only? My daughter tells me it won’t work and I’m not willing to spend hours (I’m slow) only to find that she’s right. I can connect the phone to Optus via hotspot but I don’t always have the iPad with me.......

Please let me have this one little victory. 

Fiona
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Data sharing.

Hi, I have read your comments on data sharing I will help you to understand the situation. You can buy a data share sim card with any nearby Optus store and have it activated for the data share.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

You have mentioned that you have a prepaid data plan, but also receive a bill, which makes me believe your service is actually post-paid as prepaid services do not get bills and need to be recharged manually.

Data sharing is possible for post-paid services. It only works by having multiple services on one account though. It essentially takes the data from those individual services and places them into 1 big pool of data. Check out this article for the full details → How Shared Data Pools Work

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I checked with Optus and see that you can have either prepaid or postpaid service. Data sharing can be done to any service number if there are available for data sharing. I would request you to Buy a data sharing sim card.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It seems that I can’t data share with my phone while it is in contract with a different provider. 

Thanks guys. 

Fiona
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

That's correct I'm afraid. Your mobile would need to be with Optus on the same account as your Mobile Broadband for this to work

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy