Searching...

Mobile

Data share SIM with one time set-up are they still available

SpamIsHam

The data share SIMs, I was told Optus doesn't do the ones with a onetime set up cost so you could have one for a MiFi or tablet and use it off your data pool. Now it seems I need to buy a data separate data only SIM plan with a monthly cost and add it to the pool. One of the reasons I was recommending Optus was for the data share sim with one off cost to add.

Telstra do them but it's $5 pm, cheapest Optus data SIM is now $20 pm with 3gb data ....hmm Optus at $20pm for a data share sim, or Telstra for $5 pm ........... this makes Telstra cheaper ......

Re: Data share SIM with one time set-up are they still available

Paddylee

Have not had those for several plan generations now - so not available at all.

And yes - Telstra is in the process of removing the data share sims now also on their new plans.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Re: Data share SIM with one time set-up are they still available

SpamIsHam

Someone on an old optus plan asked me to find best deal, 

Seems now it will be Belong, get a $25 plan for the phone with 5 Gb data, a $10 plan for the tablet ....for $35 per month they have unlimited calls, text, 2 sims, 6 gb total data, and Belong data pool, and accumulate unused data, top ups are $10 for 2GB if needed, and no auto top ups so no bill shock. 

Optus I would need $25 sim only with 3 gb data and voice, and $20 for a data sim ....$45 pm, and extra data is $10 per GB auto added, so possible bill shock.

the telstra deal was $39 for 25GB unlimted voice and text and $5 pm for the data share sim.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
72 Kudos
59 Kudos
43 Kudos