Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Rhiannonj
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Data help

I’m constantly going over my data allowance when my phone is constantly connected to my home wifi. 

I went in my app to check my data breakdown and something called appTrailers is using over half of my data any one know what it is? I don’t have an app called that at all. Some days it uses over a gig in data. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Data help

Hi

AppTrailers is an Android app which can use a lot of data because of playing videos.

Go into Google Play store search for the app and check it isn't installed.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Rhiannonj
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have an iphone

0 Kudos
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

It is also in the Apple app store.

Go into the app store and search for the app and see if it is downloaded.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Rhiannonj
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No it’s not downloaded 

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Rhiannonj - can you please send through your account details, full name and DOB via private message, so we can take a look? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Rhiannonj
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Private message sent thanks 

0 Kudos
Btayy
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, 

Was just reading this thread about an app called Apptrailers using over 50% of data. I’m experiencing the same issue and wondering whether you could shed light on the result of the thread - it ended in “please send through your account details so we can take a look”. You might like to update with a response for others experiencing similar issues?? 

Cheers, Denise 

0 Kudos
Rhiannonj
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No solution as of yet. 

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Rhiannonj, I've just replied to your PM.

Hi @Btayy, we'd be more than happy to look into this for you if you have any further concerns. Please chat with us here so we can take a look at your data usage in a bit more detail.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos