Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
alanac88
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Data help

Hi Dan, I’m using an iPhone 7. When I go into the mobile data section there is no app called app trailers and there it also isn’t downloaded when I search through the App Store. Thanks for trying anyways.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hmm, it's an odd one.

I've done a bit of research and there many complaints listed for 'app trailers.' It's showing as an application that you can download form the Apple app store, I'm just not quite sure what it's intended use is.

It might be worth backing up and factory resetting the handset back to its default state. That should remove the application completely from the handset.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
OliviaHock
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I actually lost my phone a few weeks ago so had to get a new one, I only downloaded the apps I most frequently use and sure enough app trailers popped back up onto my new account and was chewing through all my data. Once again I did what I did before and have only allowed mobile data to access the most important apps that I need/like to use when I’m out and about, and once again this has stopped usage of “app trailers” however I’m still unsure what exact app it is. I can’t really be bothered working out which one it is by switching usage back on for a day etc.

alanac88
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Apple said to back up my contacts and photos and then reset the phone. I just can’t be bothered doing it. I wonder if we all have any common apps that might be causing the problem. Once my data resets tomorrow I will definitely be trying what you said Olivia 😊

0 Kudos
Kurt_javalla
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi I’ve been having the same problem for a few months now, I also have an iPhone and I don’t have that app installed.. 

ive been paying extra for the Unnecessary data i don’t even use. 

0 Kudos
hayleygg
New Contributor
New Contributor

I think I’ve narrowed it down to the actual App Store app. Turn your data off for the App Store and it should stop using these ‘app trailers’ 

so frustrating that this is happening and neither Optus nor Apple can come up with a solution 

alanac88
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I ended up getting a credit for all my excess data usage from Optus. I haven’t really found where the problem is but I have most of my apps mobile data switched off except my regular apps like Facebook, snap chat, Insta, mail, maps, safari, etc. I just turn them on one by one if I need them when I don’t have wifi and so far it hasn’t blown out again. Good luck 😊

0 Kudos
hayleygg
New Contributor
New Contributor

How’d you get a refund? They have basically said to me that I’m stupid for not understanding how data works and can’t understand I don’t have an app trailers app! 

0 Kudos
alanac88
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It was really difficult and took about 5 phones calls. Not something I ever want to do again! It was a malfunction in hardware. Like a virus that can’t be controlled and yet Optus has no way of stopping it. Makes zero sense to me but keep persisting!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors