Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
C_pat26
New Contributor
New Contributor

Data free streaming

Does your data have to be on to use the data free streaming. My data free streaming is active but i think the phone is still using my plans data to stream.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Data free streaming

Your phone will still report data usage (cause you are using data). The Optus app will also show data usage in the app summary screen (even for those that are part of the free streaming).

The key word is not data but free - Optus don't count or charge the free data. The best way to confirm is the overall data usage screen in the Optus App  (that just tells you how much your plan has and how much you have left). This won't go down much if you're using free streaming.

What are you streaming (SD Netflix?)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
PhilC
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Data free streaming

Hi @C-pat26 you will need to have your data activated on your phone in order to steam online. Please bear in mind that while usage will appear via your Optus My App, you won't be charged for this data provided it's via a promoted application - Spotify for example.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos