Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor McCodswollop
Occasional Contributor

Data disappeared

My prepaid says I used 45 GB of data today. I wouldn’t use that in a month and I used less than usual today. What’s happened and how can I get the data back!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Data disappeared

Hi McCodswollop,

Your data breakdown should give you a better indication of where your data went, have you checked that? What does it say? 

Prepaid Mobile or Prepaid Mobile Broadband?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

It says ‘other’.
I’m wondering if somehow a mistake has been made. There’s no way I used all that data.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Did you happen to donate data?

What phone do you use? Have you checked the data usage in the phone settings? It's also recommended to align your data usage calculator in your phone to your monthly billing cycle.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I did not donate data.
I have never in my life used that much data
It says about 50 GB was used in a few days
I think it’s a mistake by Optus and I’m being ripped off
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

The daily usage shows I did not use any more than (at most) 1GB a day. definitely not 50 GB in a few days
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Daily usage in your data breakdown or as per what your phone itself says?

Can you share a screenshot of your phone's data usage calculator?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes
I’ve taken a screen shot but I can’t see a way to upload it here...
I’m using my mobile.
How do I upload it please?
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

When you hit "Reply" you should see a window between the body of where you enter your text and the "Post" button which says "Browse files to attach (maximum size 5MB)"

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

No there is not a window between the body of where you enter the text and the "Post" button which says "Browse files to attach (maximum size 5MB)".
Is there any other way to upload it?
0 Kudos