Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Data breakdown not showing anything

I joined a week ago on the $60/m SIM only plan for 12 months. 

The data breakdown tab in the myoptus app does not work at all. 

Nothing is shown under categories (simply “no data”) and under daily use, I just see dates with no data bar. 

I’m on iOS 11.3.1 and have the latest app installed. 

Before any moderator tells me, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, signed in and out and still nothing. 

I read in another thread that it only works for the latest plans. But I am on the latest plan already. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Data breakdown not showing anything

They just have random faults and random excuses.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm having this issue as well after getting the $50/month plan just a few days ago. Data breakdown categories and daily use tab just show nothing. One of my hobbies is programming, I may be wrong but simply taking a look at the app without even checking the code I'm able to see a possible issue.

My new plan has a new number, it starts with 0411, or +61 411 if you were to call it internationally. I notice that data pool works fine (one other device is linked to the same account) and total data usage works fine, but breakdown does not. I noticed that in the data pool, my number is formatted as "0411 xxx xxx" but in the breakdown (where it's not working) it is formatted as "61 411 xxx xxx"

data-pool-0411.jpgdata-breakdown-current-61411.jpg

Everywhere that the app is working, the number is formatted without the 61, so the issue could be that the app is searching for data usage for "61 411 xxx xxx" when it should be looking for "0411 xxx xxx" so it gets no information back since the number isn't formatted correctly. I run into issues like this all the time, and although I am probably not correct, if anyone from Optus is looking into this it could be the cause of the problem and a simple bug fix.

If I go backwards (from current bill to previous bill) in the breakdown, the number then shows as "0411 xxx xxx" but still says no data. However this makes sense because I only activated the number a few days ago. Unfortunately there isn't a way to change the number formatting so I can't test this out. Also, the data breakdown works fine on the other device connected to the data pool, and the number is formatted as 04xx xxx xxx as well.

Still haven't been able to check the data breakdown, hopefully it works eventually. Again, I don't know if this is the definite cause of the issue, just have a hobby in programming and am used to seeing issues similar to that.

Samsung SM-G950F (Galaxy S8)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

My breakdown wheel is working this week, and it has a 61 on it. Last 2 days seem to be missing from the daily breakdown. The only thing you can sort of trust to be correct, is the main circle usage thing. Welcome to Optus.

Mine has shown all sorts of nothing, and then re-appeared. The app seems to work off a pre-chewed version of their main database. If the task which does the chewing doesn't bother with your account, parts end up blank. They are also doing a several decade long upgrade of their database and accounts system, which involves chipmunks hand sorting the data. Sometimes, they feed them the wrong poison.

I'm having difficulty even logging into yescrowd at the moment in Firefox, due to some kind of cookie problem.

0 Kudos